Thursday, September 23, 2010

incomplete post

Just a quick update...
As I probably should have known, despite my best efforts to protect our free time, we are seriously over scheduled this fall. BOOOO. Or I am at least… and Daddy’s essentially got two jobs. I’m starting to cut back again. At least the busyness doesn’t extend past mid-November yet.

I volunteered to help plan the fieldtrips for JD’s class. There’s a good bit of work up front, but I’m probably 75% done at this point. I volunteered for two primary reasons 1) I’m Helpful. I like to help and be involved. 2) Being in charge of something gives you a lot of say in what goes on. So I schedule field trips when it is convenient for my schedule, muwahaha… but the other working mom’s seem to appreciate my advance planning and notice. Wouldn’t you like to get a letter home about all the field trips for the year, when they will be and how much they will cost?

JD is doing great in school. He’s making lots of friends. We aren’t having any significant behavior issues. He likes the work. They are working on sight reading and phonics in class and we are starting to see some of it at home. JD even read a book by himself! It was a pre-reading sight word book, but it is a big step just the same. Daddy reminded JD that when he learns how to read he can get a comic book subscription… JD was very excited.

No comments: