I got a Nook! I’m pretty pumped. Our budget’s been tight for several years which means we’ve gone without most luxuries for a while now. (in case you didn’t know: paper towels are a luxury, toilet paper is not a luxury). With our recent change in fortune we each got a planned splurge. I got a Nook. So far I like it. I haven’t bought any ebooks yet but I picked up some books from Project Gutenberg. I chose the nook primarily because it accepts epub and pdf files. The library has Overdrive which means I can check out ebooks and download them onto my nook using adobe digital editions. The nook can also play mp3s and surf the Internet. I haven’t checked to see how my google calendar looks on the nook, but if it is usable it I’ll be perfect. It’s been very easy to use thus far.
Phillip’s splurge is a blue-ray player and we switched to Netflix so we get streaming videos now. I heard on the news that the price of flat screen TVs is way down, so maybe we’ll get a new TV for Christmas (we bought our TV used 8 or 9 years ago). JD loves the streaming video… his TV options have opened up tremendously. Sunday morning JD requested Scooby-Doo. We haven’t had cable and will not have cable for lots of reasons but there are actually a number of shows that I would like to watch or that I’m OK with JD watching that are available through Netflix.
No comments:
Post a Comment