Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksmas

Thanksgiving week was very nice.
Tuesday night Daddy and JD went to visit Maw Maw and Paw Paw. Daddy helped paint the house and JD took rides on the cherry picker. I went over to Robyn’s house and had a mini-craft night.
Wednesday night dinner we made Duck a la Good Eats. It was good but not good enough to put it into regular rotation.
Thursday morning we went to the Thanksgiving mass at church. Then it was the main feast in Hammond. It was all delicious.
Friday we did not go shopping and thoroughly enjoyed a lazy day. JD and I harvested a large amount of rosemary from our garden and I decorated our advent wreath and made a wreath for our door from nothing but Rosemary.
Saturday we went camping with my cousin’s Girl Scout troop and had a very nice time. Sunday JD fell and bit his mouth and lip pretty bad cutting our trip a little short. He’s fine now, but he did take a trip to the doctor when the swelling hadn’t gone down the next day. It looks like it is healing nicely though.
Sunday evening when we went to church Fr. Mike asked us if we wanted to light the advent candle. Awesome.

This week has been pretty low key. Daddy has been working a lot. The weather has kept us inside. I’ve been making a Jesse Tree Ornament every night since Sunday. I posted photos on facebook; I may eventually get around to posting them here. JD has really liked them so far. Tonight were on Isaac and Rebeka whose symbols are a ram and a camel. I have no idea how I am going to do that. We put up our little fake tree but haven't lit it yet.
We also got a simple children’s advent calendar at church that we put up in JD’s room. Every night JD CANNOT WAIT to “X” off another day. He asked for a candy calendar again, but I think we are going to skip it this year.
I'm a big fan of Advent. JD is SO EXCITED about Christmas but we are trying to pace ourselves. He found out the Christmas decorations were in his closet and pulled out the stockings. Right now they are hanging on the tree until we figure out where we are going to put them.

I am Thankful for all of you reading this.

No comments: