Friday, November 13, 2009

Go Fish!

Tuesday Night we taught JD how to play Go Fish! He has asked to play Go Fish every night since then.

I had a PTO meeting Tuesday which sucked up most of my evening. It’s too early for me to go home but late enough that my evening is gone by the time I get home. Daddy and JD met me at the park and we had a good time waiting for the meeting time though.


Wednesday was Veteran’s Day which is a state holiday but not a school holiday. I spent my morning working on my Girl Scout project. I’m getting closer to finishing but I didn’t get as much done on Wednesday as I had hoped. Wednesday afternoon Daddy and I toured the Baton Rouge Center for Visual and Performing Arts which might be as close as you can get to LSMSA in an elementary school. Daddy was very impressed. Wednesday evening I had Mom’s Night Out with the Called to be a Mom group from church. That was really nice; I had the opportunity to meet and get to know some of the other moms at church.


Thursday Daddy picked JD up after school and we all met at the park down the street. As always there were lots of other families there, many from JD’s school, and quickly conversations started about school. Other parents with younger children started getting opinions on school and on and on. I was honest about how we felt but tried to be diplomatic about it and tell what I knew of other people’s experiences. I liked hearing how other families were doing and I had a very nice conversation with a mom we know from Christ the King about the Gifted Program.


Last night after we had finished playing Go Fish! JD was looking intently at the card for the sacrifice of Isaac. I asked if he wanted to hear the story, he said yeas, so I read the story. After that we read about Joseph, which is actually a really long story. JD wanted more after that but I was ready for a break. We did end up reading the first part of the Jonah as part of special talk time. I also finally introduced one of our other new books. I asked JD to pick which of these three books:The Mass Book for Children Living the 10 Commandments for Children Little Acts of Grace he wanted to read from.

He picked this one Living the 10 Commandments for Children. I read about the first 2 commandments and he said he wanted to read more of the book.


I think all that playground time is doing JD some good; this morning when he woke up he wasn’t as cranky as he normally is. I will be going more investigation into how to repeat this morning.

No comments: