For our Friday Night movie we watched Wall-E.
Saturday was a day of yard work. We finally cut down the rotten tree in our front yard that tried to kill me in last year’s snow storm. We also got a load of mulch and put our garden to bed for the winter. JD was a great help filling the wheel barrow with mulch for me to dump. Once we were done with all that we went for a visit to Maw Maw and Paw Paw’s house. Daddy made dinner for everyone. We had steelhead fillets, potatoes and peas. It was yummy.
We got a neat children’s bible study kit from Maw Maw, Great Adventure Kids Pack. The coloring book is pretty neat but a little advanced coloring wise. I haven’t decided if we will start working on the coloring book or not. The pack of cards is really cool. JD loves looking at cards so we are going to be using those a good bit I think. The pack of cards comes with direction for different games you can play with them. If you wanted to go over biblical history with a dash of theology with kids, I think this kit is a fun way to do it.
We also got a few religious books that we haven’t read to JD yet. I’ll update once we start them.
We were at the grocery store yesterday. We give JD a yogurt smoothie in his lunch and he was asking about the kids ones. So I was going over comparing the labels and the price on the adult kind vs. the kids kind when a man asked Daddy if I was really showing JD how to compare the nutritional information. Daddy said, “yeah…” and the guy apparently thought that was awesome. Grandma (who we had just run into at the store) did that with my sister and I when we were little… so I think it is normal. What about you? Do you show your kids how to compare nutritional labels?
2 comments:
No kids yet, but oh, you betcha I will!
No.. not yet,
but last week I showed them to my mom . . . to explain why I really didn't want Edith to have cranberry-grape juice from ocean spray. She was surprised to see it had about twice the amount of sugar in it as a soda.
Post a Comment