Thursday, August 27, 2009

The second day

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Woke up, went to work.Off time at work took care of some bills, worked on my cross stitch, finished my book.

When I got home I picked up JD from the neighbors house. We are working on a routine where I pick him up without a big fuss. The situation is complicated by my desire to chat.

JD didn’t have a good day at school. There was a note from his teacher. We went home, there was wailing and gnashing of teeth when I told him no TV but we finally calmed down, had a snack then he went and played outside. I wrote a letter back to the teacher based on the conversation JD and I had. After JD had played outside till he was hot and sweaty, he came in and took a bath. After his bath I put on his tape and he played in his room.

During all this, I did: dishes, laundry, made beds. 2 cycles of laundry actually (a cycle is putting away the dry clothes, putting the washed clothes in the dryer and putting a dirty load in the wash) since I didn’t do any laundry yesterday. I swept the ceiling and baseboards in my room and vacuumed the floor. I took out recyclables and garbage. I got some boxes from Robyn and packed up stuff to go to the garage sale. I also worked a little on my cross stitch. My friend called and so I had a nice conversation with her as well. We had to get off the phone when JD kept leaping in and out of the tub.

Phillip worked late yesterday and when he got home he made himself some supper (JD and I had a big snack). I headed out to the grocery store since we were out of milk. We needed to go grocery shopping but now it couldn’t wait. I also stocked up on easy breakfast stuff for myself. When I got home from the store Daddy and JD were in the front room playing with legos and listening to They Might be Giants. Daddy and I put the groceries away then started the bed time routine. I am trying to be in bed by 9pm to give you some idea of the time frame.

No comments: