Our Mardi Gras week-end started off early with a Snow Day on Friday. SNOW. It was snowing pretty hard too. My sister, Andi, and her boyfriend, Omid, came into town Friday evening and we all had dinner at my mom’s house.
Saturday Andi and Omid came to Jonathan’s basketball game then we all headed out for breakfast. JD and I went to Spanish Town parade… It was crazy. I’m giving up on Spanish Town parade unless someone invites me to their house/tailgate party. Sunday was the usual.
Monday we cleaned house and did the Great Backyard Bird Count. Turns out there is a nesting pair of Red Tailed Hawks with a nest in our neighbors tree. I saw both hawks bring over some dead thing to the nest.
Tuesday we went to Crowley in the morning with the intention of going to Eunice in the afternoon. They have a Mardi Gras Festival in Eunice that looked really fun. But JD started to run a little fever so we stayed in.
Wednesday JD still had a fever so he didn’t go to school. Daddy went to Ash Wednesday services without us in the evening. I burned a palm from palm Sunday last year down to ashes and when daddy got home we did our own ash ceremony. It was pretty neat.
Today, JD Is still running a fever so Daddy took him to the doctor. The diagnosis? Flu.
1 comment:
Sorry he's sick. It it the regular flu?
Post a Comment