So, our school issue continue. Although it appears we have isolated the issue so that now JD is doing fine and it's just the adults who need to work things out. We had a meeting with the lead Montessori teacher yesterday. I wouldn't say everything is resolved but Daddy and I are content to wait and see how it goes until the end of the 9 weeks.
I had initially signed up to be a substitute teacher for JD's Sunday school class but as it turns out I will actually be the lead teacher. The down side is Daddy and I will be going to mass at different times but otherwise I am ok with the commitment. I like supervising JD's religious education.
Last night JD invented "Dinosaur work" which is where he takes his toy pliers picks up small sponge dinosaurs and puts them into a cup of water. then he got more cups and switched them around. This morning he moved them to bigger cups since the dinos get bigger the longer you leave them in water. I'm delighted by his creativity.
In other news we have officially turned off the TV during the school week; No one watches TV during the week. and we have started a tradition of watching a family movie on Friday night. So far we have watched: Mr. Magorium's Magic Emporium, Kung Fu Panda, and Madagascar 2.
2 comments:
I thought Mr. Magorium's Magic Emporium had such promise, but it totally bombed for me. I thought it was way too preachy, even for kids. I was disappointed that they didn't give the audience credit for being able to pick a moral out of a story without it being shoved down our throats. Aside from that, it was a visually pleasing movie with a good premise.
What did you think of it?
I thought it was cute. but i had heard it was a little disappointing so i had low expectations.
Post a Comment