Wednesday, May 11, 2011

River Rising

We are having an historic flood on the Mighty Mississippi.  When we bought our house we specifically only looked at houses that were on the high land and didn't require flood insurance.  We don't have any specific flooding concerns.  It would probably take a levee breach for us to be impacted and even then our house probably wouldn't flood. But there's all sorts of potential complications depending on how the next few weeks go. 

And it's almost hurricane season.

So, we're going ahead and making sure we are ready for whatever this year brings.  I just made our pantry list.  I've already got most of what's on this list, but I'm going to use this to check my pantry stores and make my shopping list. We've got some cans of Tuna but canned meats aren't normally on our shopping lists. Did I forget anything?

WATER

Flour

Rice

Oats

Grits

Corn Meal

Noodles



Baking Soda

Baking Powder

Corn Starch

Cream of Tartar

Yeast

Salt

White Sugar

Brown Sugar



Oil

Shortening

Lard



Nuts



Tuna

Corned Beef

Canned Ham

Canned Meats

Bullion cubes

Chicken Broth

Beef Broth



Dry Beans

Canned Fruit

Canned Vegetables

Canned Cream Soups

Tomato Paste

Tomato Sauce



Honey

Syrup

Vinegar

Vanilla Extract

Pepper

Spices



Dry Milk

Coco Powder

Peanut Butter

Jelly

Velveeta

No comments: