Our family movie night movie was Ice Age 2: Meh. I didn’t care for the first Ice Age; Ice Age 2 didn’t really improve over the original. I felt no remorse in talking to Auntie Andi for 20 minutes in the middle.
Saturday we did some much needed housework, ran errands and had lunch at King Buffet which is my new favorite Chinese Restaurant. Sorry Great Wall, but King Buffet has slightly better sushi and offers Mei Fun noodles. Also I think they serve more food that would be recognized as ethnically Chinese rather that just the traditional American versions.
JD and Daddy did some water color painting. JD hung his painting on the dishwasher as there was no room on the fridge. I think we need a better family art gallery.
We visited family and saw the tail end of the LSU game. I’m sorry for your loss.
Sunday was going to be a busy day but an unexpected illness cut out a big chunk of our day. Sunday evening we went to a Fireside at the Mormon Church. Our friend Janel wrote a lovely musical; she is very talented. JD did a good job of being quiet but we need more work on the still part. He brought a small toy with him and at one point dropped it on the floor. I told him at least 3 times in a commanding whisper “LEAVE IT UNTIL THE SONG IS OVER”… so he picked it up with his feet. I wonder if Joy Berry wrote a kid's etiquette book for going to theatrical performances… I’ll have to check our collection.
School is out for the week so JD is spending some time at his old school. He has at least 3 friends who are still there in addition to other kids he knows from the playground. He was excited he gets to visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment